Pianoworks COVID-19 Home Service Protocol
As New Zealand moves to Alert Level 2 from Thursday 14th May we are able to resume our in home tuning and repair services.
We want you to be completely comfortable with our visit to your home, so suggest scheduling for a time that you are happy with.
We will be following this protocol with all our in home service.
These are important procedures to follow for the safety of your family and us.
- Advise you right up to the appointment time if we are experiencing any symptoms, cough, fever or similar so we can cancel the appointment as a precaution for everyones safety.
- Maintain safe distancing of 2 meters at all times.
- Sanitise my hands before entering your home.
- Remove footwear at the door.
- Use a mask while I am in your home.
- Tune and/or do other service routines as requested.
- Sanitise your piano as recommended in our industry guidelines once completed.
- Send the invoice via email.
What we ask you to;
- If all is fine and you are comfortable, please confirm your appointment by replying to the confirmation request email you will have received or by phoning 0274779434. Otherwise, please notify us right up to the time of the appointment if anyone in your home is feeling unwell with a cough, fever, or shortness of breath as a precaution for everyones safety. We will reschedule the appointment to a later date with no charge.
- Maintain 2 meters distancing from me while I am in your home.
- Use a mask if you prefer to.
- Clear the music books and ornaments from the piano to save me handling unnecessarily.
- Pay our invoice by bank transfer (contactless) on due date.
- Let me know if you have any questions.
COVID-19 Piano Hygiene Guidelines
The following COVID-19 piano hygiene guidelines are recommended by APTTA (Australasian Piano Tuners and Technicians Guild) for sanitising pianos.
The Corona Virus (COVID-19) is having a major impact throughout the world and that includes the world of music teachers and piano owners. The Piano Technicians Guild is making the following suggestions.
1. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has specific tips for preparation, protection and care. You can view this information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/index.html
2. Special care should be taken when using disinfectant products on a piano. Our thanks to Greg Cheng, RPT, for his invaluable assistance in developing these recommendations.
• Generally speaking, a soft disposable towel, using warm water and hand/dish soap is safe to use on virtually every finish, key, and case parts. Always follow up with a dry soft disposable towel to dry any standing liquid.
• Cleaning pianos is a gentle process not a scrubbing process. Pressing hard or vigorous scrubbing may lead to scratching or removing the finish. Always proceed with caution and use common sense. Remember to wash your hands after you have thrown away the towels.
If using disinfectant products
• Use alcohol-based disinfectants, do not use bleach-based disinfectants or any product containing citrus.
• If using a spray or liquid bottle, use a disposable towel and put the disinfectant on the towel and not directly on the piano.
• After use, immediately put the towel or disinfectant hand wipe in the trash and wash your hands. Do not use reusable towels or cloths.
• Always follow up with a dry towel and never leave any liquids on the piano or keys.
The keys are the most important part. Generally speaking, most disinfecting wipes or sprays (see General Recommendations) should be safe to use on the keys.
Case parts finishes vary greatly and can be easily damaged by disinfectant wipes and sprays. A soft disposable towel, using warm water and hand/dish soap is safe to use on virtually every finish, key, and case parts. Always follow up with a dry soft disposable towel to dry any standing liquid.
Again, cleaning pianos is a gentle process not a scrubbing process. Pressing hard or vigorous scrubbing may lead to scratching or removing the finish. Always proceed with caution and use common sense. Remember to wash your hands after you have thrown away the towels or wipes.
Many thanks to Graeme and Debbie for outstanding service over a number of years. Nothing has been too much trouble for you and you have always provided a service that is totally professional, technically excellent, friendly and dependable. All the best for 2015.
Thank you Graeme, for the best tuning ever for my Yamaha. After languishing in storage for a year it sounds awesome and I can't leave it alone!
Wonderful, friendly, professional service. My daughter has a new found enthusiasm for playing and is enjoying her new piano every day. Thanks for coming and giving us a very professional tune after the settling in period too Graeme.
Dear Graham, The piano arrived last week in tip top condition … my daughter cried when it was opened (she had no idea it was coming) and she saw how beautiful it was and of course the history behind it is especially touching. Brett and I would like to say thank you for the amazing restoration you have done on the piano. It doesn’t look like the same one I had spent my childhood playing on. I can’t wait for my mother to see how beautiful her mother’s piano looks… even though to an expert like yourself it may not have the best sound it sounds just perfect to us for so many reasons. Thank you again and to the people who worked on it as well.